By now, all the highlights have grown out and been cut out, and I am "all me." Frankly, it looks like my hair is "frosted" like the ladies used to purposely get in the seventies. Some days I think it looks great, some days not. I can tell my hair stylist thinks I've made a mistake (or is she just hating this economy?) My husband says it looks fine, but I think he's swayed by being quietly delighted in my not spending the big bucks every three months on highlights.
I am rapidly approaching 48 and am experiencing all those mood swings that affect a woman of my age and wishing I had thought to ask my mother when she hit menopause so I could just find a state of grace about the night sweats. Am I rambling? But can a 48 year old get away with being grey?
(Just like at what age is it okay to pin your napkin to your shirt to avoid messes from spills while dining out -like both my grandmothers did without apology? But I'd better save that discussion for another day.)
You be the judge:
I, personally, love the hair! I always debate the grey issue myself and depending on how old and grey I am when we have our last baby, I may change my mind. But for now, I am au naturale as well. Good picture of you, by the way. Looking forward to reading more from you!
ReplyDeleteI love the hair. You should remember me going through memopause - not fun, especially the night sweats. Dennis used to wake me up to tell me I was having a hot flash!?!?! I am looking forward to your new blog. My friend stopped eating sugar and white flour and walked five days a week and lost 45 lbs. I try but only make it a few days. I need to try again - you have inspired me! Good luck with your new way of living. I look forward to your posts.
ReplyDeleteyou look great for 48! great to see you blogging again.
ReplyDeleteThank you ladies!
ReplyDeleteLisa; you will be horrified to know that I place a napkin on my chest now - without a pin. So I've been doing this for a few years, so YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH NOw to follow suit.
ReplyDelete